Tuesday, September 23, 2008

MacArthur Genius Award Goes to Sally Temple!

....I can't contain my excitement right now.  I am so giddy, that I feel like I am going to laugh myself silly because I am so happy.  Sally Temple is proof that you CAN have it all....and still be a GREAT person at the end of the day.

She is an amazing mother, wife, mentor, leader, researcher, and thinker.  Even without this award, she is an inspiration to me and to all women pursuing careers in academic medicine and science.  It has been a long time since I have been completely floored by someone - so impressed that I have to take a moment just to understand that they are, in fact, real.  

Sally Temple is a hero.  Check out this link: http://timesunion.com/AspStories/storyID=723024&category=ALBANY

One for the good guys ;)

No comments: